Best Chef’s Knives For 2021
Top 5 Best Chef’s Knives 2020
MAC MIGHTY Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife
MacKnife brings you a professional hollow edge chef’s knife that is of eight-inch overall lengths consisting of a 2.5 mm blade.
- There are added dimples that make the blade perfectly suitable to glide over prominent of the sticky fruits like apples, potatoes, summer squash, etc. This professional hollow edge chef’s knife is light in weight as well that will give a proper grip in your hands as well as comfortable to handle wherever you want.
- This chef knife works the best for the majority of the kitchen works, whether it be cutting veggies or fruits. The knife is exclusively made in Japan with all the best quality materials. Pakka wood handle used will provide extra durability that would mark an edge over other chef knives. The silver color and the added dimples on the blade of the knife gives it a much more classy look and give it a lot more attractiveness. The blade thickness is 2.5 mm.
- The knife is very much suitable for all the kitchen requirements, and the lightweight of the knife adds an extra feature to overall perfection.
- The knife may rust if you wash it with a regular dishwasher. So, one should wash it with a handwasher.
back to menu ↑
WUSTHOF Classic 8 Inch Chef’s Knife
This classic knife comes with a lot of charming features that will attract anyone’s mind. This 8-inch chef’s knife also serves as an all-purpose knife due to its diverse uses.
- This knife is all what you need in your kitchen as it is an expert in chopping, slicing, cutting, mincing, and dicing that makes it an all-rounder. This knife comes completely with a full Tang and Triple Riveted handles of the classic line that will surely satisfy all of the needs of every professional or home cook. This can prove to be the best of all cutleries available.
- The knife has a 8-inch long blade with 4.5 inches long handle that weighs nearly 8.5 ounces. Its Ergonomic handle design is made from a long-lasting synthetic material that prevents discoloration and fading. This 8-inches chef’s knife has been forged from a single block made of stainless steel that has been tempered to 58 degrees HRC.
This blade is made with a high precision technology that yields up to 20% sharper edges that have twice the retention power than the normal. WUSTHOF was found nearly 200 years ago as a family tradition in Solingen, Germany.
- Absolutely the best for all your kitchen needs and comes with the sharpest edges.
- Some users find it heavy to handle.
back to menu ↑
Misono UX10 Gyutou 8.2″ (21cm)
- Misono UX10 Gyutou knife is 8.2 inches long that comes in a classy silver appearance making it very attractive. This knife is specially crafted, such that it is resistant to the strains. The sharper edge makes it perfect to be used as an all-purpose knife for cutting all the veggies and fruits like sliding on a butter.
- The assymetrical edges on the blade gives it a much more sharper appearance and quality as compared to the blade with even edges. This blade is made with the best quality Swedish steel that is 8.2 inches in length, making it a perfect handle for every chef. This blade is made with a high precision technology that yields up to 20% sharper edges that have twice the retention power than the normal.
- The sharpness of this knife gives it an extra edge as a chef’s knife as it can entirely cut down all the vegetables and fruits as well as meat like slicing on butter.
- The blade requires proper maintenance; otherwise, that will deteriorate the quality of the blade.
back to menu ↑
Global 8” Chef’s Knife
- This Global 8” Chef’s Knife is lightweight. This is 8-inches long made with high precision that give the edges much more sharpness. The blade is made up of molybdenum or vanadium steel that makes it even more durable and long-lasting. Global knives are famous for their retention and sharpness all over the world.
- The handle is made of stainless steel that too with dimples or depressions giving it a more attractive look and much more comfortable grip. The edge is straight and sharp, which makes it perfect for all the needs of the kitchen. The coronova 18 stainless steel used in the blade and handle gives it a shiny appearance and makes it rust-free as well.
- The knife is perfect and very comfortable to use with the best protection against rust that makes it exceptional.
- This knife is quite expensive but worths the money.
back to menu ↑
Mercer Culinary M23510 Renaissance 8-Inch Forged Chef’s Knife
- Mercer Culinary M23510 Renaissance 8-Inch Forged Chef’s Knife comes in a classy black look. This knife is Triple-riveted and has an ergonomically designed Delrin handle that fits the hand perfectly. This knife is one-piece forged that gives it more sharpness. There are shortened bolster present that exposes full-blade edge.
- For providing this blade a much more superior balance, it comes in a full tang that runs across the top knife. The taper-ground edge gives it more stability and sharpness. The tapered ground also makes it long-lasting and the perfect blade that is fully efficient in cutting, chopping, slicing, and mining. It is made of high-carbon stainless steel that makes it stain and rust-resistant and very much durable, protecting the blade from discoloration and fading.
- This blade is suitable for all purposes in the kitchen because of its maximum sharpness and comfortable handle.
- This knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty only.
So these were the five best chef’s knives for 2021 that will not only aid your culinary skills but will also provide you with a lesser no. of reasons to don’t cook as it aids the preliminary task of sorting the veggies and fruits for further cooking. The knives mentioned above have been rated as the best knives when it comes to fulfilling the needs of a chef.
Buying guide for Best chef’s knives for 2021
Getting confused about choosing the best chef knife for you. A knife is the heart of a kitchen. It doesn’t matter whether you are slicing a tomato, a potato, or any other vegetable or fruit. A good knife is your companion for a lot of time, but its companionship depends upon the choice you have made while selecting the blade. That’s the reason there comes a need for one to get the best guide for buying a great knife.
The Chef Knife
Now before knowing about the buying guide, one needs before buying any sort of knife; he or she needs to know the details about what a chef knife is.
A chef knife consists of a bolster. The thickened part of the knife’s blade that goes into the handle is known as a bolster. The bolster acts as a balance point when we are talking about the chef’s knife as that point is kept in mind while doing slicing, chopping, cutting, etc. This bolster is a point on which your fingers rest, so it needs to be blunted.
One should not go for a German knife because it has got a thickened bolster that makes it relatively heavier to maintain the perfect balance while cutting or slicing any veggies in the kitchen.
The topn edge of the blade is called back. Some knives have a narrow end that makes it quite effective for thin slicing, etc. But the feature of a good chef knife is that it have a wider and flat back that gives a hand extra stability and ease.
knife tang refers to the exact style in which the blade is crafted that goes inside the handle of a knife. Cheaper knives usually come with a separate blade and separate tang that makes it worst to handle when you are in need of that. Sometimes the knife comes in an independent two-handle design that makes it even more, worst to run. You should know that buying a Rambo type knife is not the right choice because of its hollow handle that will make it significantly less durable.
The recessed handle of the blade does not contain any tang or enough support to keep the knife stable when needed. So one should always avoid such novelty kind of knives. You can instead go for having a separate survival bag that would hold all the required things in it, like compasses, matches, and other items of necessity. Your survival combat knife should be like that. It can survive the severe beating and heavy usage. Some knives come with an extended tang that can be used as a hammer.
Generally, there are two main kinds of knives materials that are used :
1.Stainless steel 2.carbon steel.
Stainless steel serves as a good option as it won’t undergo rusting even when exposed to rough surroundings. It is also very durable and can be used regularly and will also last for a longer time. The downside of the steel loses its sharpness faster as compared to carbon steel.
Carbon steel has more extended durability when it comes to the edge of the knife, but at the same time, it also requires a lot of maintenance like proper cleansing, a coating that will prevent the rust like that of stainless steel.
the material with which the knife handle is made is also very essential when it comes to choosing out the best chef’s knife. Knife handle can be made out of a variety of materials like from hard rubber to many other plastics and polymers.
The knife handle should be such that it can fit comfortably in your hand. To get a perfect grip knife, you should take care that the handle is perfectly knurled or grooved. The handle should not be very much slippery or shiny as it will make it way tricky to grasp in hands. As already mentioned, stay away from hollow handles and make sure that the handle is of high quality. Overall, it would be best if you go for a knife that feels you best when you take it in your hands.
Brand Of The Knife:
one should always go for getting a reputable brand chef knife. It would be best if you remain to stay away from the cheap blades that are more used in showcasing then used in the proper sense. Good quality knife products have a time warranty given. You can first research and google out for the best knife manufacturers.
The researches reveal that how much a company cares about its customers. You can check customer satisfaction ratings, along with all the details. Just avoid the products made in China or Pakistan as they use low-quality metal alloys.
Choose the steel of the blade wisely. Carbon steel has a nice edge, but sometimes it gets stained as well. One should instead go for high-carbon stainless steel, which is an alloy that gives durability with the perfect edge as well as it is anti-rust. This is the best kind of blade you can go for.
This entirely depends on your preference and purpose. For example, german knives come with a broader bolster as well as the broader blade that makes it lasts long but unfit to cut thin and finer pieces. In contrast, the Japanese-style edge is lighter and thinner that has perfection for cutting or slicing the vegetables very thin.
Overall, the way you choose a combat knife depends on how well you know about the function that you want to carry out from that knife. It’s obviously not a very easy task to choose a knife. But you can always use the tips mentioned above to get cleared with the most suited knife you want to buy for you.